The Diaspora NHF Mortgage will offer Nigerians in the Diaspora mortgage loans to buy houses in Nigeria.
The FMBN sponsored mortgage will afford Nigerians in Diaspora an opportunity to register with the National Housing Fund (NHF) scheme, make monthly contributions and ultimately access mortgage loans to own houses anywhere in Nigeria, without having to physically come to Nigeria before participating.
The FMBN will facilitate the production of affordable housing units in state capital cities like Lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcourt, Kano with mixed dwelling estates developed for Nigerians in Diaspora.
Foreign and indigenous developers will be engaged to build the houses, while mortgage loans will be granted to Nigerians in Diaspora. FMBN will also collaborate with local developers who have existing properties that can be bought through the scheme.
Before being eligible for the loan, beneficiaries will have to make monthly contributions for at least 12 months to the scheme. The monies contributed to the scheme can be recouped after the loan has been paid in full.
1. Applicant must have registered with the National Housing Fund for a period not less than 12 months and have paid in full.
2. The applicant must be the first Time beneficiary of the NHF loan.
3. Applicants must have verifiable means of income.
4. Applicant must be a Nigerian in Diaspora by definition of the National Diaspora Policy
1. The property for which the loan is sought will serve as security for the loan.
2. Perfection of mortgage will be handled by FMBN Internal Records Office.
3. The property will possess sufficient value to recover the loan.
4. FMBN will in most cases, assist in providing eligible property that could be purchased and mortgaged under this Scheme.
The online application form.
1. Copy of data page of the applicant’s international Passport.
2. Uploading of recent payslips for 3 months and bank statements for 6 months.
3. Letter from the employer stating the status of the employment.
4. For the self-employed; a certificate of business registration will be required from the country of residence of the Diaspora
How To Apply
Interested Applicants should Click Here to Apply
Second floor, Annex 3, Phase 1, Federal Secretariat, CBD, Abuja FCT.
Phone: +234 (0) 817 438 3962
Email: [email protected]